One of the reasons behind launching SignOn.com was to compare and contrast different identity protocols. There are things that you can learn by reading the specs. And then there are things that you can learn by deploying/implementing the specs.
We have had support for OpenID and Information Cards for a long time. With the latest release, we have added support for SAML by leveraging PingFederate.
Additionally, we have integrated with Google Apps. Google Apps is a service from Google that features applications for mail, calendaring, docs etc.
This allows SignOn.com users to
- Add Google Apps services to their SignOn.com accounts (e.g. you can have an email address like email@example.com that’s hosted by Google Apps).
- Single Sign-On to Google Apps via their SignOn.com credentials (username/password or Information cards).
In order to enable your SignOn.com Google Apps Account, do the following:
- Login to SignOn.com (register if you don’t have an existing account).
- Go to My Profile tab and make sure that you have your firstname and lastname populated (we need this information to create your Google Apps Account).
- Go to My Accounts Tab.
- Scroll down and you will see ‘Partner Accounts’. Click Add. This will enable your account with Google Apps.
- Go to the home page again. And you should see another link e.g.<username>@signon.com. Click on this and this will take you to your mailbox.
- For the first time access, you will have to go through Google CAPTCHA to complete the registration process with Google Apps.
For future access, you can either go to your SignOn.com home page and click on Google Apps links (IdP initiated SSO).
Or you can access Google App services directly by going to the following URLs, and it will redirect you to SignOn.com for authentication (SP initiated SSO).
- Mail: http://mail.signon.com
- Calendar: http://calendar.signon.com
- Docs: http://docs.signon.com
- Start Page: http://start.signon.com
Appreciate any feedback.