Category: Identity for SaaS
- Persistent Storage for Amazon EC2: This new feature provides reliable, persistent storage volumes, for use with Amazon EC2 instances. The volumes will be significantly more durable than the local disks within an Amazon EC2 instance. Additionally, our persistent storage feature will enable you to automatically create snapshots of your volumes and back them up to Amazon S3 for even greater reliability.
- Google App Engine: Google App Engine lets you run your web applications on Google’s infrastructure. App Engine applications are easy to build, easy to maintain, and easy to scale as your traffic and data storage needs grow. With App Engine, there are no servers to maintain: You just upload your application, and it’s ready to serve your users.
- Arcot announced A-OK On-Demand Solution: Arcot Systems announced that its A-OK On-Demand solution is available for immediate use. This is a multi-factor authentication solution for Web-based, on-demand applications. The tool addresses the burning issue of stolen passwords with on-demand applications
- Google, Salesforce link up for business apps: The companies on Monday announced that Salesforce.com’s customers now have the option of using versions of Google Apps, Gmail, Calendar, and Google Talk that are tightly linked to Salesforce.com. Google is in effect becoming Salesforce’s productivity suite. Google documents, spreadsheets, and presentation can be created from within Salesforce’s CRM application. GTalk works as the de facto instant messenger within Salesforce.
- TriCipher Acquires Sxip User Manager: The AppExchange-certified solution, which will be re-named myOneLogin User Manager, is the only way Salesforce.com administrators can centrally enable and disable user access to both Salesforce.com and Google Apps from within the Salesforce.com application.
Today Ping announced the acquisition of Sxip Access business from Sxip. Chuck sent me the following picture on how he likes his coffee even more. Okay….so he didn’t exactly said that. Nor do I know if he is drinking coffee or vodka. However, I do believe that Identity for SaaS is an area that’s ready for prime time and I expect it getting a lot of traction this year. Hence I’m happy with the addition of Sxip Access to our portfolio.